Monster Truck Mater Debuts and Cars Toon DVD/Blu-ray Coming Soon?

Share Button

Were you able to catch the latest Cars Toon short Monster Truck Mater this weekend on the Disney Channel? The latest short about Mater and the Radiator Springs gang was directed by John Lasseter and Rob Gibbs. Here’s few stills from the short to whet your appetite. There’s a nice interview with Rob over at Upcoming Pixar, so you should check that out too. I’ll keep you posted on future showings of the short.

In related news, I’m hearing that a Cars Toon DVD and Blu-ray compilation maybe coming this Fall. Stay tuned for more details as soon as I get them.

Do you like the Cars Toons? What did you think of Monster Truck Mater? Would you buy the compilation Blu-ray or DVD? Share your thoughts!

address info

This entry was posted in Pixar News and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Monster Truck Mater Debuts and Cars Toon DVD/Blu-ray Coming Soon?

1. Josh says:

I highly doubt they are going to do a compilation of the Cars Toon shorts on a single DVD. I know that they are probably going to make it on the Pixar Short Films Collection – Volume 2 DVD and Blu-Ray discs as the first set of Cars Toon shorts made it on the original and they still have Partly Cloudy (the short from UP), Day & Night (from Toy Story 3), along with the new Toy Story short (from Cars 2) to put on the second volume. So in short, probably yes but no.

2. Pixartalk says:

We'll see, but I have it on pretty good authority that a Cars Toon specific one is coming…….

3. Jstrawn says:

I agree, why wouldn't they make a car toons specific DVD? They're part of Disney now. Disney is shameless about re-purposing the same brand over and over on the market and Cars is probably the strongest brand they have right now. But it would be nice if we knew that we would be able to wait for a short films vol 2 collection and just pick it up then.

As for the new short, I missed it because I don't get the Disney channel and it's not on Disney's site (lame). Perhaps I'll be able to watch it in a more dubious locale before long.

4. Henry says:

Monster Truck Mater is up on the official Cars site:

5. Pixartalk says:

Nice.

6. Jstrawn says:

THANKS!!!

7. Wondering when it will be added to the regular rotation on Cars Toons on Disney Channel? My son is dying to see it and we missed the premier! : (

8. Nono says: