Galyn Susman was born and raised in Park Forest, Illinois, a small suburb of Chicago. She graduated from Brown University in 1986.
She joined Apple where she worked on graphics R & D and participated in a project to complete a short film, Pencil Test entirely on Mac computers. Among her co-workers was Andrew Stanton and Nancy Tague, who became Nancy Lasseter.
She was hired at Pixar in November, 1990 and immediately began working in the commercials division. Among her early assignments was a co-directing two Kellog’s commercials with Andrew Stanton.
Over the next decade, Galyn moved into a variety of roles for such feature length films as Toy Story (modeled, shaded, and supervised lighting), A Bug’s Life (modeling), Toy Story 2 (supervising technical director), Monsters, Inc. (simulation and effects supervisor) and Finding Nemo (lead studio tools R &D).
Galyn then gravitated towards production management with an associate producer role on Ratatouille and then producer duties on the shorts BURN-E, Dug’s Special Mission and George and A.J.
Galyn’s primary role now is producer for the Blu-ray/DVD Department at Pixar. She oversees the entire production of the DVD and Blu-ray bonus features. Recent projects have included the Toy Story 3, Cars 2 and Brave Blu-ray and DVD releases.
She also produced the very first Toy Story Toon, Hawaiian Vacation. She resides in Piedmont, CA with her husband and three children.
- Pencil Test (1988) (animator)
- Toy Story (1995) (lighting supervisor, modeling team)
- A Bug’s Life (1996) (modeling)
- Toy Story 2 (1999) (supervising technical director)
- Monsters, Inc. (2001) (simulation and effects supervisor)
- Finding Nemo (2003) (lead studio tools R & D)
- Ratatouille (2007) (associate producer)
- BURN-E (2008) (producer)
- Dug’s Special Mission (2009) (producer)
- George and A.J. (2009) (producer)
- Hawaiian Vacation (2011) (producer)