Lindsay Andrus (maiden name: VanderGalien) was born in Denver, CO. When she was 5 years old, her family moved to Hayward, CA and then five years later to Indianapolis, IN. From the young age of 5, she knew that she wanted to be some kind of artist. It was when she saw Toy Story 2 that she knew exactly what kind of artist she wanted to be. Her love of computers and animation could be combined.
Lindsay attended Ringling School of Art and Design where she graduated in 2006. She fell in love with both story and animation, so was on the fence over which to pursue after graduation. That question was answered for her when she got a call from Pixar asking her if she wanted to do their summer animation internship.
After her internship, Lindsay worked on the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage for Disneyland, doing animation inside the ride. After that project was completed, Pixar had no work for her, so she went down to Disney and animated on Bolt.
She returned to Pixar and was a fix animator on Up, a background animator on Toy Story 3, and has now been promoted to animator on Cars Toons, Cars 2 and Brave. She recently completed her animation duties on Monsters University.
- Moe & Les (2007) (student film)
- Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage (2007) (animator)
- Bolt (2008) (animator)
- Up (2009) (animator)
- Toy Story 3 (animator)
- Cars 2 (2011) (animator)
- Brave (2012) (animator)
- Monsters University (2013) (animator)
- Lindsay is a huge fan of NBC’s The Office. Check out her blog to see some of her Office paintings
- The short film she created at Ringling called Moe & Les can be found here.
- You can also follow her on Twitter.
- Lindsay married Kevin Andrus in 2011. She lives in the Bay Area.